mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Identify "less similar" documents
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 16:56:35 GMT
Yes.  This makes sense.

I think you might want to qualify X according to which cluster is closest.
 Define a function that estimates the percentile distance for members of
each cluster.  There will be one function per cluster.

Then define a function for each new point that is the percentile score based
on the distance to the nearest cluster.   The issue with what you suggest is
that some clusters are very tight and others very loose.