mahout-user mailing list archives

From David Saile <da...@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject Incremental clustering
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 09:53:18 GMT
Hi list,

I am completely new to Mahout, so please forgive me if the answer to my question is too obvious.

For a case study, I am working on a simple incremental web crawler (much like Nutch) and I
want to include a very simple indexing step that incorporates clustering of documents.

I was hoping to use some kind of incremental clustering algorithm, in order to make use of
the incremental way the crawler is supposed to work (i.e. continuously adding and updating
websites).

Is there some way to achieve the following:
	1) initial clustering of the first web-crawl
 	2) assigning new sites to existing clusters
	3) possibly moving modified sites between clusters

I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks,
David