mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The perennial "Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.mahout.math.Vector" problem
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 05:49:19 GMT
On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlieu.7@gmail.com> wrote:

> I never actually ran in this error. I guess my backend code never
> called anything ouside the jar.

You never use elements of mahout-math in your mappers or reducers?
o.a.m.math.Vector, for instance?

> A better and hadoop-like technique is to rework standard driver class
> so that it tosses everything assembly placed into lib into backend
> classpath explicitly using DistributedCache. Warning: this
> functionality is kind of broken in standard 0.20.2 somewhat, requires
> a hack to work.

But I know I've used the whole "jars inside of the lib/ directory" trick
on Hadoop clusters.  I've done it even with Mahout to demonstrate
it on EC2, for example.

Did something change in the way we package our job jar since we
last had a release?

  -jake