mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vectorizing arbitrary value types with seq2sparse
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 20:17:27 GMT
This is definitely desirable but is very different from the current tool.

My guess is the big difficulty will be describing the vectorization to be
done.  The hashed representations would make that easier, but still not
trivial.  Dictionary based methods add multiple dictionary specifications
and also require that we figure out how to combine vectors by concatenation
or overlay.