mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question Regarding Distributed Row Matrix
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 14:40:37 GMT
I think first step is to decide on pipeline of algorithms. Once u know the
algorithms u want to run thru, it would be easier to come up with
vectorization requirements.

That said, for the sake of trasposition, note that mahout supports sparse
vectors, I. e. It doesn't matter what the element index is, for as long as
it unique, only how many nonzero elements, does. So I don't think that u are
per se constrained in number of reducers during vectorization for transpose.
That would have been pretty scale restricting, indeed.

apologies for brevity.

Sent from my android.
-Dmitriy