mahout-user mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Incremental clustering
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 10:25:44 GMT
You can do agglomerative clustering incrementally, deciding at each
point where to put it. Then you have to decide whether, on some
schedule or another, to consider 'rebalancing' by moving things
around.

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:53 AM, David Saile <david@uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
> I am still stuck at this problem.
>
> Can anyone give me a heads-up on how existing systems handle this?
> If a collection of documents is modified, is the clustering recomputed from scratch each
time?
> Or is there in fact any incremental way to handle an evolving set of documents?
>
> I would really appreciate any hint!
>
> Thanks,
> David
>

> Am 09.05.2011 um 12:45 schrieb Ulrich Poppendieck:
>
>> Not an answer, but a follow-up question:
>> I would be interested in the very same thing, but with the possibility to assign
new sites to existing clusters OR to new ones.

>> Thanks in advance,
>> Ulrich

and I want to include a very simple indexing step that incorporates clustering of documents.

>> I was hoping to use some kind of incremental clustering algorithm, in order to make
use of the incremental way the crawler is supposed to work (i.e. continuously adding and updating
websites).