mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clustering boolean vectors
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 21:02:14 GMT
GroupLens doesn't *require* a rating per se -- you are free to ignore
it if you want!

Boolean data is all 1, in Mahout. There are no 0 ratings. If you just
mean that the non-existent preferences are "0", OK. But having two
ratings, 0 and 1, along with the possibility of not existing, is three
states, not two.

You can easily have a DataModel, if you have the GroupLens data.
Convert it to CSV, or just use the GroupLensDataModel in examples/.

But, to really answer your question: first you should define what you
are trying to do. Then we can help decide how to do it. I don't know
if you need clustering or not so far.

Sean