mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The perennial "Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.mahout.math.Vector" problem
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 17:45:37 GMT
On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is activated by calling the 'setJar' API in the job conf, passing
> the name of the jar that contains the lib folder.

Just for my education, are you saying you can pass in the entire lib
folder to the setJar() thing? i wasn't aware of this, the javadoc for
this method doesn't imply that.

But if that's the case, it should be technically equivalent to
iterating thru lib folder and add jars there manually thru
DistributedCache. There's no difference from user's point of view,
they never get to modify the driver code, we do.