mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Sengupta, Sohini IN BLR SISL" <sohini.sengu...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: meanshift reduce task problem
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 05:54:18 GMT
Hi Jeff,
Will you be providing the patch sometime soon?
Thanks and regards,
Sohini

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Eastman [mailto:jeastman@Narus.com]
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 11:34 PM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: RE: meanshift reduce task problem

I've got a simple patch in the works that modifies the driver and mapper to spray its output
clusters across all the reducers (specified by -Dmapred.reduce.tasks=n). This will mix the
mapper output sets and; hopefully, improve scalability by allowing multiple reducers to play.
The patch also decreases the number of reducers by one in each iteration, resulting in a single
reducer in the end game. I want to do some testing of this before I commit.