mahout-user mailing list archives

From Svetlomir Kasabov <kasa...@lowteq.de>
Subject Re: Logistic Regression + Time Series
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 13:36:54 GMT
Thanks for the useful replies, I really appreciate that!

@Ted and Hector: My initial parameters (predictors) are blood pressures,
heart rates, etc: they come every minute from a patient's monitor.
In my implementation, I plan refering to this Paper :
http://www.multi-science.co.uk/acce-free.pdf on page 7 (Table 1) you can
see the parameters used.  On page 17, figure 4 you can see vizualization
of the prediction using time series:

I think I still plan using the logistic regression implementation (since
I am already worked into it), but I am confuzed how to implement time
series with Mahout. Should I create periodically (for example every 15
minutes) a new logistic regression model, in order to predict the
probability of instability? Then the amount of training data depends on
the 'time window for the past' that I will be using.  For example, for
data only two hours from the past, I will have only circa 60 * 2 = 120
examples for creating a temporal model (I assume that I will need one
compound data vector pro minute, including blood pressures, heart rates,
etc...)

Or should I implement the time series so, that I train the model only
once with old data of many patients and the training algorithm will be
so, that it checks what is the patient's hemodynamic stability in two
hours (since this data is also known during the training)? In this case,
I will have potentually many more examples (one million or more...)

Many thanks, best regards and sorry for the long post.

Svetlomir.