mahout-user mailing list archives

From Svetlomir Kasabov <skasa...@smail.inf.fh-brs.de>
Subject CsvRecordFactory usage recomendation
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:13:51 GMT
Hello,

I have a question:

I have seen, that some of the mahout examples use the class
CsvRecordFactory.java for parsing training and test examples. Would you
recommend this class also for actual usage in production? This would
mean, that I should create a CSV file from my real data (in my case, it
is in a relational database), and then use the CSV file in order to
train my (online logistic regression) model. This approach would have
the advantage of having the 'extracted' data as CSV which can be used
for quick re-training, without DB access...

Or should I omit the intermediate step with the CSV file and train my
(online logistic regression) model directly with the data from the
relational database? Which of the both approaches would be better?

Thank you!

Svetlomir.