mahout-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Weitzenfeld <dweitzenf...@gmail.com>
Subject quickstart: MVN problems
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:15:51 GMT
Hi,
I'm going through the quickstart - clustering synthetic control data
(https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/clustering-of-synthetic-control-data.html)
and I have a question and a problem.  Please keep in mind that my
background is with R and Python, and I have little experience with
Java, Maven, etc.

In step 3, why do I have to create
"mahout-examples-$MAHOUT_VERSION.job" if it already exists in
/opt/local/share/java/mahout-distribution-0.5?

In step 3.b, running "mvn clean install", I get this error: "[ERROR]
The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no
POM in this directory (/opt/local/share/java/mahout-distribution-0.5).
Please verify you invoked Maven from the correct directory."  What
does this mean and how do I rectify it?

Thanks in advance,
Dan