mahout-user mailing list archives

From Kumar Kandasami <kumaravel.kandas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request - Release 0.6 feature set listing
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:50:17 GMT
Hello Sebastian:

   I was going over the ALS-WR paper (by Yunhong Zhou, Dennis Wilkinson,
Robert Schreiber and Rong Pan- HP Labs on Netflix dataset)  this weekend,
and I am still trying to understand the algorithm.

I am currently working on running item based recommender on the Wikipedia
link dataset (boolean preferences) on EC2 clusters.I am interested in
testing the ALS recommender, however, at this point I have no clear
understanding of what user/item features mean,  and even determining the
iterations as well as numoffeatures attribute upfront.

Is there any documentation or overview on the usage of  the Mahout ALS
implementation ?

Additionally, it will save us lot of time, if you could forward any
reference tutorial or video presentation links (similar to Item-similarity
Job on vimeo) on RecommenderJob or ALS

Kumar    _/|\_
www.saisk.com
kumar@saisk.com
"making a profound difference with knowledge and creativity..."