mahout-user mailing list archives

From Drew Farris <d...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems running examples
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 00:35:54 GMT
Jeff, No impuning perceived and thanks for running the variety of
tests. So it appears that trunk is fine and 0.5 isn't. I'll try to
determine what (or what didn't) make it into 0.5 that causes it's
brokenness.

Mark, in the mean time, no need to run all of the tests I've asked
about previously. Just give trunk a try and see if that resolves your
problem.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Jeff Eastman <jeastman@narus.com> wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> Running trunk locally, latest update, just now, build-reuters.sh works (kmeans and lda).
>
> Running trunk on my CDH3 cluster, just now:
> - build-cluster-syntheticcontrol.sh works (with kmeans and others)
> - build-reuters.sh works (with kmeans and lda) Running trunk on my CDH3 cluster:
>
> Running trunk on my MapR cluster, just now:
> - build-cluster-syntheticcontrol.sh works (with kmeans and others)
> - build-reuters.sh works (with kmeans and lda)
>

> Running the 5/31 mahout-distribution-0.5, just now:
> - build-cluster-syntheticcontrol.sh works (CDH3 & MapR with kmeans and others)
> - build-reuters.sh runs in local mode only (CDH3 & MapR runs give different errors)
>
> I was primarily defending kmeans. It is possible my 5/31 0.5 distribution is not the
final one, since everything seems kosher in trunk now. My apology if I've impuned your patch.

> Jeff

script runs only in local mode on 0.5 and fails in both KMeans and LDA when run on a cluster.
The MIA examples are not always correct. Most of this has been reported before.

>>> at