mahout-user mailing list archives

From Chris Schilling <ch...@cellixis.com>
Subject Re: Which is more effective?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 23:10:44 GMT
Hey Ted,

I was wondering if you could briefly describe how one would make content based recommendations
using the SGD classifiers.

Say I have item1: feature1a, feature1b, feature1c
and             item2: feature2b, feature2c

So, are you training a classifier for n labels, where n is the number of items?  That seems
crazy cause you only have one feature vector per item.