mahout-user mailing list archives

From Eshwaran Vijaya Kumar <evijayaku...@mozilla.com>
Subject Re: Errors in SSVD
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 02:06:17 GMT
OK. So to add more info to this, I tried setting the number of reducers to 1 and now I don't
get that particular error. The singular values and left and right singular vectors appear
to be correct though (verified using Matlab).

On Aug 5, 2011, at 1:55 PM, Eshwaran Vijaya Kumar wrote:

> All,
>  I am trying to test Stochastic SVD and am facing some errors where it would be great
if  someone could clarifying what is going on. I am trying to feed the solver a DistributedRowMatrix
with the exact same parameters that the test in  LocalSSVDSolverSparseSequentialTest uses,
i.e, Generate a 1000 X 100 DRM with SequentialSparseVectors and then ask for blockHeight 251,
p (oversampling) = 60, k (rank) = 40. I get the following error: