mahout-user mailing list archives

From Abhik Banerjee <banerjee.abhik....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: this is a bug of mahout 0.5 ?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:09:05 GMT
Hi,

I had the same issue and broke my head over it , I guess this might help .
mahout in calling this hadoop code form inside , I am using it instead to
run my canopy and kmeans clustering algorithms . (this worked for the
cloudera vm and also on my hadoop dev cluster , )

use this instead, /home/hadoop/hadoop/bin/hadoop jar
/var/tmp/mahout-distribution-0.5/mahout-
examples-0.5-job.jar org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver canopy/kmeans
 .........  {ur arguments for input directory , output directrory , -cl etc
etc}

ps:- in order to run the command u might need to set ur PATH and HADOOP_HOME
( for the hadoop dev cluster or VM, if dont want to run locally).

Thanks and Regards,
Abhik