mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to describe custom features
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:30:13 GMT
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Matteo Moci <mox601@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible with mahout (and some custom classes) have this flexibility
> and describe such types of features?

Absolutely.

> Any type of pointers that could help me?

Chapters 14-16 of Mahout in Action cover variable encoding at various levels
using the hashed encoding methods.

The basic idea is that the variable name can be included as the hash key
used in encoding.  You can also encode interactions of variables such as
position x word.

See also the example code for Chapter 16 that is under my github account.
 See

https://github.com/tdunning/Chapter-16