mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clustering Data
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:03:31 GMT
Can you say a bit about why you think that those are the right clusters?

Looking at the data myself without that knowledge, I wouldn't be able to
come to that conclusion.

Also, how much data do you have?  If you are clustering a dozen points, then
you will find that

a) clustering is *really* hard with such small data collections

b) tools like R are much better for small data than Mahout (which is all
about scaling)