mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors in SSVD
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:27:12 GMT
Damn android autocorrection. I meant from one of my github ac ounts.
Sometimes it(android spellcheck) makes me feel stupid.
On Aug 9, 2011 5:22 PM, "Dmitriy Lyubimov" <dlieu.7@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will get back on this after my vacation. At this point I haven't tested
> the code with u0. Also one of the jobs must have one reducer (the
> parallelism of this job is heavily vested on use of combiners and high
> degree of aggregated output), this may have been broken by one of those
> attempts to unify how mr gets configured in Mahout.
>
> One of my mahout-frozen branches works fine with cdh3, although not with
u0
> yet, that's what it was originally written for. You can try to take one of
> those from my virgin account if there's any sense of urgency, they have
been
> verified with cdh3b2 I think.
>
> On Aug 5, 2011 1:55 PM, "Eshwaran Vijaya Kumar" <evijayakumar@mozilla.com>
> wrote:
>> All,
>> I am trying to test Stochastic SVD and am facing some errors where it
> would be great if someone could clarifying what is going on. I am trying
> feed the solver a DistributedRowMatrix with the exact same parameters that
> the test in LocalSSVDSolverSparseSequentialTest uses, i.e, Generate a 1000
> 100 DRM with SequentialSparseVectors and then ask for blockHeight 251, p
> (oversampling) = 60, k (rank) = 40. I get the following error:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Unexpected overrun in
> upper triangular matrix files
>> at

org.apache.mahout.math.hadoop.stochasticsvd.SSVDSolver.loadUpperTriangularMatrix(SSVDSolver.java:471)
>> at

org.apache.mahout.math.hadoop.stochasticsvd.SSVDSolver.run(SSVDSolver.java:268)