mahout-user mailing list archives

From Josh Patterson <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Re:Mahout compatibility with GraphLab
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 17:39:00 GMT
This feature seems to be principly driven by a few folks @ Yahoo. Arun
Murthy seems to be quite involved.

Hama is also getting into the MRv2 game:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-431

Quick presentation on the framework by Sharad Agarwal (Yahoo):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12485267/hadoop_contributors_meet_07_01_2011.pdf

Seems to be a considerably more native/clean approach than managing a
bunch of C++ to Java wrappers, imho. I'd really like to see a lot of
frameworks on Hadoop; could have a language like Pig that then
compiled down not only to different ML techniques, but also execute
them on the proper framework in MRv2 as well.

JP

--
Twitter: @jpatanooga
Solution Architect @ Cloudera