mahout-user mailing list archives

From Paritosh Ranjan <pran...@xebia.com>
Subject Re: How to find which point belongs which cluster after running KMeansClusterer
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 09:32:28 GMT
I also thought in the beginning that using KMeansClusterer and
ClusterDumper will help in getting all vectors belonging to a cluster,
but it did not help me a lot.

I used KMeansDriver which I think is easy enough to use.

After execution the records are written in the form
<cluster id><vector>

"context.write(new Text(cluster.getIdentifier()), cluster);"

So, what helped me was to process this into a map with cluster Id as the
key and vector list as the value. I read the clustered points and all
the data in the map in the form. In the end, the list against each
cluster id was what I needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Paritosh

On 03-11-2011 14:23, WangRamon wrote:

> Hi All I'm using KMeansClusterer, I will use KMeansDriver on a Hadoop environment later,
but I think it will be easy to understand it by using KMeansClusterer, OK, so the question
is i cannot find a way to find the cluster a point should belong to after running KMeansClusterer,
I expect I can get some API on the Cluster interface to get all points/vector belong to this
cluster, but... so did i miss something? Thanks a lot.  Cheers Ramon