mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We need help about how to install mahout
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 03:47:32 GMT

On Nov 1, 2011, at 2:16 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> probably
>>>
>>> As far as I know 0.5 is the current stable/official release from the
>>> project, is there a timeline for 0.6 being released?
>>>

>> There is no timeline, but there are a number of use cases for which 0.5 is
>> unsuitable relative to trunk.
>
> Those who know me know I'd be one of the first to volunteer, but given
> I'm only a user here and not a committer I can only request - is it
> possible for you all to cut a 0.6 release?

I think we are working towards it at this point, but you know how this works: Users become
Contributors become Committers  :-)

Here's the list of issues still open for 0.6 so far: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT/fixforversion/12316364
(I'm still holding out hope for some big LDA improvements too, but they aren't slated yet)

Patches are welcome!