mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedding mahout in a java app
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 11:21:11 GMT
I see, the Java interfaces vary from area to area since different
algos are different things and sometimes take different input.

Generally, the classifiers take in Mahout Vector input, and are
Hadoop-based, so you'd be writing some code to run Mahout jobs on
Hadoop from your GUI app. Not all are like this though.

I don't think there's a one-stop easy interface already ready for you
here, no. You'd have to stitch together different parts of the code
and do some input transformation and Hadoop integration, I imagine.