mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DisplayKMean
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 22:48:53 GMT

On Dec 2, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Gary Snider wrote:

> Displaykmeans uses a DenseVector of 2D points.  Very easy to visualize due
> to x,y coordinates.
>
> The reuters dataset uses RandomAccessSparseVectors and produces a sequence
> file with the two types (org.apache.hadoop.io.Text &
> org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.Cluster)
>
> If you find a way to visualize the reuters clusters PLEASE post it.

Have a look at MAHOUT-899.  Also see the recent thread between me and Ted on visualizing clustering.
 Ted posts a nice little R script that can be used to visualize things.  On MAHOUT-899, I've
put up some mods to the ClusterDumper that make it easy to display things in Gephi.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com