mahout-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Blechschmidt <Manuel.Blechschm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: citing mahout
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 21:54:39 GMT
Hi Ahmed,
I used the following BibTex entry in my Master Thesis:

@webpage{mahout,
	Abstract = {Apache Mahout's goal is to build scalable machine learning libraries. With scalable
we mean: Scalable to reasonably large data sets. Our core algorithms for clustering, classfication
and batch based collaborative filtering are implemented on top of Apache Hadoop using the
map/reduce paradigm. However we do not restrict contributions to Hadoop based implementations:
Contributions that run on a single node or on a non-Hadoop cluster are welcome as well. The
core libraries are highly optimized to allow for good performance also for non-distributed
algorithms},
	Author = {{Apache Software Foundation}},
	Date-Added = {2011-03-15 13:39:56 +0100},
	Date-Modified = {2011-04-29 14:12:11 +0200},
	Description = {	Mahout's goal is to build scalable machine learning libraries. With scalable
we mean: Scalable to reasonably large data sets. Our core algorithms for clustering, classfication
and batch based collaborative filtering are implemented on top of Apache Hadoop using the
map/reduce paradigm. However we do not restrict contributions to Hadoop based implementations:
Contributions that run on a single node or on a non-Hadoop cluster are welcome as well. The
core libraries are highly optimized to allow for good performance also for non-distributed
algorithms. Scalable to support your business case. Mahout is distributed under a commercially
friendly Apache Software license. Scalable community. The goal of Mahout is to build a vibrant,
responsive, diverse community to facilitate discussions not only on the project itself but
also on potential use cases. Come to the mailing lists to find out more.},
	Distribution = {Global},
	Keywords = {apache, apache hadoop, apache hive, apache incubator, apache lucene, apache solr,
apache taste, apache thrift, apache xml, business data mining, cloudbase hadoop, cluster analysis,
collaborative filtering, data extraction, data filtering, data framework, data integration,
data matching, data mining, data mining algorithms, data mining analysis, data mining data,
data mining introduction, data mining pdf, data mining software, data mining sql, data mining
techniques, data representation, data set, data visualization, datamining, distributed solr,
feature extraction, fuzzy k means, genetic algorithm, hadoop, hadoop cluster, hadoop download,
hadoop forum, hadoop gfs, hadoop lucene, hadoop pig latin, hadoop sequence file, hadoop sequencefile,
hierarchical clustering, high dimensional, hive hadoop, install solr, introduction to data
mining, kmeans, knowledge discovery, learning approach, learning approaches, learning methods,
learning techniques, lucene, machine learning, machine translation, mahout apache, mahout
taste, map reduce hadoop, mining data, mining methods, naive bayes, natural language processing,
open source search engine, open source search engine software, opencms search, org apache
lucene, pattern recognition, pattern recognition and machine learning, pig apache, pig hadoop,
search algorithms, search engine, solr api, solr faceted, solr open source, solr search engine,
solr tika, statistical consulting, statistical data mining, supervised, text mining, time
series data, unsupervised, web data mining, zookeeper, zookeeper apache},
	Lastchecked = {2011-03-15},
	Robots = {index,follow},
	Title = {Apache Mahout:: Scalable machine-learning and data-mining library},
	Url = {http://mahout.apache.org},
	Bdsk-Url-1 = {http://mahout.apache.org}}

/Manuel

--