mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sören Brunk <soren.br...@deri.org>
Subject Re: Cancel running distributed RecommenderJob
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 12:00:05 GMT
But i'd have to find out that id manually by looking in the web
interface right?
I think it will be difficult to find the right hadoop job, because
multiple RecommenderJobs can run at the same time in my system.

So, just in theory, a way to make this work from java would mean to add
a method to RecommenderJob that calls killJob() on the currently running
hadoop job. For mahout jobs used in RecommenderJob (e.g.
RowSimilarityJob) the same had to be done so RecommenderJob could also
cancel mahout sub tasks.

Do you think it could work that way?