mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dan Beaulieu <danjacob.beaul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commercializing Mahout: the Myrrix recommender platform
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 21:43:45 GMT
I've always wondered how businesses who provide their own solutions using
OSS decide when to contribute code back to the project.
For instance, suppose a bug is logged, and the business already has a fix
in their fork. Do they provide a patch?
What about a feature request? What if the deliverables for the feature
includes secret sauce from the business.

Maybe this isn't really a common occurrence, or not how the OSS business
model works, but figured it's a good as time as any to ask I figure.