mahout-user mailing list archives

From mahout-newbie <raman.sriniva...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception running 20newsgroups example
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 01:33:23 GMT
When I try to run the 20 newsgroups example in local mode under cygwin,
mahout creates a work directory under /tmp but then an exception is thrown
indicating that the training data set is not found. It is looking for for it
with a DOS style path. I see the directory and data when I navigate to that
directory.

Can someone please shed some light what I'm missing here? The output is
below:

Thanks

$ sh classify-20newsgroups.sh
Please select a number to choose the corresponding task to run
1. naivebayes
2. sgd
3. clean -- cleans up the work area in /tmp/mahout-work-Administrator
Enter your choice : 1
ok. You chose 1 and we'll use naivebayes
*creating work directory at /tmp/mahout-work-Administrator*
Preparing Training Data
MAHOUT_LOCAL is set, so we don't add HADOOP_CONF_DIR to classpath.
no HADOOP_HOME set, running locally
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/C:/cygwin/usr/local/mahout/examples/target/mahout-examples-0.6-job.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/C:/cygwin/usr/local/mahout/examples/target/dependency/slf4j-jcl-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/C:/cygwin/usr/local/mahout/examples/target/dependency/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
explanation.
12/05/13 20:26:46 WARN driver.MahoutDriver: No
org.apache.mahout.classifier.bayes.PrepareTwentyNewsgroups.props found on
classpath, will use command-line arguments only
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: *Can't find input
directory \tmp\mahout-work-Administrator\20news-bydate\20news-bydate-train*
        at
org.apache.mahout.classifier.bayes.PrepareTwentyNewsgroups.main(PrepareTwentyNewsgroups.java:92)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:68)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
        at org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver.main(MahoutDriver.java:188)