mahout-user mailing list archives

From fht <lily.odrisc...@gmail.com>
Subject How to approach this? Classification vs Recommendation
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 21:00:25 GMT
Hi,

I suppose this a combination of a generic machine learning question and a
mahout question.

I have a data set. A user may or may not be part of a funded scheme.

If there are not part of the funded scheme they might be susceptible to
certain problems a, b, c and d.
If there are part of the funded scheme they might incur problems a, b and c
but not d.

I want to process the data set to infer something like people who *are* part
of funded scheme won't encounter problem c and d.

Is this a recommendation or a classification - How do I approach this?

Also can hive inteactt with mahout - I read (correct me if I'm wrong) that
it's probably best to input data to mahout in csv format - I assume this is
possible with hive?

many thanks.