mahout-user mailing list archives

From "huanchen" <iamzhan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: About Random walk with restart
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 13:57:29 GMT
Hi,

Is the RWR implementation in mahout 0.6 usable ?

Or what problem it has?

If this implementation is usable, I will avoid reimplement it...

Thank you !

Best,
Huanchen

2012-05-17

huanchen

发件人: Sebastian Schelter
发送时间: 2012-05-17  18:47:13
收件人: user
抄送:
主题: Re: About Random walk with restart

Hi,
Unfortunately we chose to remove the graph algorithms from Mahout for
the next version. You might want to have a look at Apache Giraph which
offers an easy way to implement graph algorithms.
RandomWalkWithRestart is essentialy the same as PageRank with the
difference that the teleportation will only hit the source vertex of the
walk not a random vertex in the graph.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ukang/papers/PegasusKAIS.pdf contains a short
description.
Best,