mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <j...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Judging the quality of clustering
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 14:32:02 GMT
Mahout has a ClusterEvaluator and a CDbwEvaluator that compute some
quality metrics (inter-cluster distance, intra-cluster-distance, ...)
that you may find useful. Both calculate a set of representative points
from the clustering output and compute the (n^2) metrics over these
points rather than all of the points in each cluster.