mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <Ananda.Muru...@honeywell.com>
Subject RE: How to run a mahout clustering job through a web service
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 06:14:53 GMT
Hi,

I found this toolkit http://code.google.com/p/hadoop-toolkit/

I think it allows monitoring mostly. I wanted some kind of a framework which will allow submitting
jobs, tracking jobs and browsing tasks. Please let me know if there is any such framework.

Meantime, I am exploring Hue to see whether it fits my needs.

Regards,
Anand.C

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance Norskog [mailto:goksron@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 2:36 PM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to run a mahout clustering job through a web service

The recommender servlet in the examples ran (is it still there?) an
online recommender, not the Hadoop recommender.

"Mahout as a web service" is not a Mahout problem. You want a toolkit
for scheduling and monitoring Hadoop jobs on clusters. There are a few
of these. Once you have this, you can run Mahout on the cluster.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com