mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exclusing certain ratings when running recommender
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 09:25:37 GMT
What do you mean "original items"? The user's preferred items are already
not candidates for recommendation, but that is nothing to do with the
rescorer. It operates on all *candidate* items, *before* scoring.

What is your distinction between filtering *recommended* items and
*original* items? Either way it is filtered. I don't understand what you
are getting at.