mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Save a UserSimilarity in a File
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 11:06:18 GMT
I think it will be way too slow to update a file like this, as you must
seek and rewrite the whole thing. Files aren't for this sort of update. A
DB might be.

Even if it were it is probably too slow to read the similarity from backing
store each time. It needs to be mostly in memory. That's why the caching
wrapper is probably what you want.

Sean