mahout-user mailing list archives

From 冯伟 <whitepapers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: From Item-based Recommender to User-based Recommender
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 15:19:03 GMT
Sorry for my poor English. My question is like this: When I use
"org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob", my input file is
in the format:
"uid, itemid, rating"
"uid, itemid, rating"
"uid, itemid, rating"
According to the above input,
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob will give item-based
recommendations. When I exchange the postions of uid and itemid, the input
file would be
"itemid, uid, rating"
"itemid, uid, rating"
"itemid, uid, rating"
According to the above input,
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob would generate
user-based recommendation. Is that right?

--
Wei Feng