mahout-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Blechschmidt <Manuel.Blechschm...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Named Entity Extraction.
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:08:35 GMT
Hi Gaurav,

On 09.06.2012, at 12:09, Gaurav Sehgal wrote:

> Hello,
>         We are planning to deploy Mahout in our systems; to use named entity extraction;
Is there a specific algorithm such as Aho-Corasick Algorithm; which Mahout implements for
NER. I went through the Mahout website and it dosen't seem to have any NER related algorithm.

Such a functionality is not available in Mahout. I think that GATE should also be mentioned
here:

http://gate.ac.uk/

Further there is a company called OpenCalais which is doing a lot for Named Entity Recognition:
http://www.opencalais.com/

> Thanks for your help,
> Gaurav

/Manuek