mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@farfetchers.com>
Subject kmeans from 0.6 to 0.7
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 17:00:36 GMT
It appears that in kmeans the clusteredPoints are now written as
WeightedVectorWritable where in mahout 0.6 they were
WeightedPropertyVectorWritable? This means that the distance from the
centroid is no longer stored here? Why? I hope I'm wrong because that is
not a welcome change. How is one to order clustered docs by distance
from cluster centroid?

I'm sure I could calculate the distance but that would mean looking up
the centroid for the cluster id given in the above
WeightedVectorWritable, which means iterating through all the clusters
for each clustered doc. In my case the number of clusters could be
fairly large.

Am I missing something?