mahout-user mailing list archives

From Yimin Wu <wy...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Bug report in FuzzyKMeansUtil
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 21:00:56 GMT

 Hi Jeff, Thanks a lot for your prompt response. Yimin> Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 16:14:29
-0400
> From: jdog@windwardsolutions.com
> To: user@mahout.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Bug report in FuzzyKMeansUtil
>
> Hi Yimin,
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I've just committed a patch to correct it.
>
> On 6/1/12 3:13 PM, Yimin Wu wrote:
> >

> > Unlike KMeansUtil, the FuzzyKMeansUtil does not take a Configuration as a parameter.
While performing deserialization, it create a new Configuration. This is a bug since it wouldn't
work on Hadoop files. It will calles FuzzyMapper setup throw an exception complainning the
file can not be found. I verified that the issue would gone after passing in conf like KMeansUtil.
 Bascially, this code patern "new Configuration()" could be problematic as long as the code
would be used in a mapreduce job. I suggest developer team review all the places where a Configuration
object is used. Whenever a new Configuration object is created instead of passed in. Thanks,Yimin
Wu Predixion Software