mahout-user mailing list archives

From Yimin Wu <wy...@hotmail.com>
Subject Bug report in FuzzyKMeansUtil
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 19:13:49 GMT

Unlike KMeansUtil, the FuzzyKMeansUtil does not take a Configuration as a parameter. While
performing deserialization, it create a new Configuration. This is a bug since it wouldn't
work on Hadoop files. It will calles FuzzyMapper setup throw an exception complainning the
file can not be found. I verified that the issue would gone after passing in conf like KMeansUtil.
 Bascially, this code patern "new Configuration()" could be problematic as long as the code
would be used in a mapreduce job. I suggest developer team review all the places where a Configuration
object is used. Whenever a new Configuration object is created instead of passed in. Thanks,Yimin
Wu Predixion Software