mahout-user mailing list archives

From Yaprak Ayazoglu <yaprak.ayazo...@gmail.com>
Subject compiling Mahout in Intellij IDE
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 09:58:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm a newbie for Mahout project. I'm trying to "compile" the Mahout
project.
However, I'm facing some problems at maven dependencies.

Let me tell the procedure that I follow when I'm downloading Mahout project:

I check out the Mahout project from git hub. Intellij successfully clones
the
Mahout project from github.

However, in pom.xml it gives errors in the lines below:
 <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
 <artifactId>hadoop-common</artifactId>
 <version>${hadoop.version}</version>
<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
        <artifactId>hadoop-mapreduce-client-core</artifactId>
        <version>${hadoop.version}</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
        <artifactId>hadoop-mapreduce-client-common</artifactId>
        <version>${hadoop.version}</version>
      </dependency>
<skipTests>${skipTests}</skipTests>
etc.

In the hadoop case, I know that I somehow have to install hadoop project.
But I dont
know why I have to install it?

Is there a simple way to compile Mahout? Is there a good documentation at
web?

Thanks.
--
Yaprak