mahout-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: ItemSimilarityJob
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 22:04:40 GMT
Hmm.. that's a bit weird.  Looking at the algorithm, I don't understand why
UserID has to be Long.  It's just an Identifier of a row, isn't it?  The
algorithm really only works with Item IDs and even with ItemIDs I would
argue they don't need to be Numeric.  Am I missing something?

We have over billion user ids.  So for each ID I need to create a
corresponding 'long' value in Memory?  Is that what this class is doing?

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Manuel Blechschmidt <
Manuel.Blechschmidt@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Something,
> actually this is correct.
>
> You can use the MemoryIDMigrator