mahout-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Named Entity Extraction.
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 23:41:27 GMT
OpenNLP has a Hidden-Markov-Model NER implementation. Stanbol seems to
be a semantics server. Aho-Corasick is string search, not NER.

Is there something about NER that would require distributed computation?

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Suneel Marthi <suneel_marthi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Also take a look at Apache OpenNLP (http://opennlp.apache.org) for NER implementations.

extraction; Is there a specific algorithm such as Aho-Corasick Algorithm; which Mahout implements
for NER. I went through the Mahout website and it dosen't seem to have any NER related algorithm.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com