mahout-user mailing list archives

From Paritosh Ranjan <pran...@xebia.com>
Subject Re: Can clustering answer these questions
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 02:27:05 GMT
I can try to answer few :

1) I don't know.

2) Use org.apache.mahout.math.NamedVector to identify clusters.

3) Yes, new points can be identified without clustering all over again. See
org.apache.mahout.clustering.classify.ClusterClassifier
org.apache.mahout.clustering.iterator.ClusterIterator
org.apache.mahout.clustering.classify.ClusterClassificationDriver

4) I don't think there is any built in implementation for this.

5) AFAIK, clustering algorithms take sequence files as input, there is
no support for DB.

6) Yes, it is possible. Though you will have to write some code. See
answer to question 3.

7) No, there is no refresh method sort of thing.

HTH