mahout-user mailing list archives

From Salman Mahmood <salman...@gmail.com>
Subject Using mahout for pre-defined clusters
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 10:45:58 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to mahout and have recently grasped how we can run mahout
clustering algorithms on documents. I was wondring if it's possible to
generate pre-defined clusters from news data. Heres what I am doing:

I have a set of documents of news data containing news about a lot of
entities.

I want to create clusters that represent what company the news belong to.
e.g if the news says "Apple launches new iphone" , I want this to be in the
Apple cluster. similarly if the news says "Microsoft share prices raises by
10%" I want it to be in the Microsoft cluster. I have a list of all the
cluster names and I want to process the  news inorder to assign it to a
particular cluster. Is this something I can do using mahout?

Thanks!