mahout-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tags generation?
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 01:31:28 GMT
Thanks everyone- I hadn't considered the stem/synonym problem. I have
code for regularizing a doc/term matrix with tf, binary, log and
augmented norm for the cells and idf, gfidf, entropy, normal (term
vector) and probabilistic inverse. Running any of these, and then SVD,
on a Reuters article may take 10-20 ms. This uses a sentence/term
matrix for document summarization. After doing all of this, I realized
that maybe just the regularized matrix was good enough.

One thing came through- parts-of-speech selection for nouns and verbs
helped 5-10% in every combination of regularizers. All across the
board. If you want good tags, select your parts of speech!

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com