mahout-user mailing list archives

From Matt Mitchell <goodie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mahout on aws elastic map reduce
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 21:11:14 GMT
I'm attempting to run the
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.similarity.item.ItemSimilarityJob on
AWS EMR.

I can see that things are working by looking at the task logs.
However, after it runs for about 10 minutes, it dies. The only log
file is stdout, and it's empty.

Does this look right -- using the ruby client:

./elastic-mapreduce -j JOB_ID --jar
s3n://mm.lib/mahout-core-0.6-job.jar --main-class
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.similarity.item.ItemSimilarityJob
--arg --input --arg s3n://mm.input-data/data.csv --arg --output --arg
s3n://mm.output-data/ --arg --tempDir --arg tempDir4 --access-id
ACCESS_KEY --private-key PRIVATE_KEY

One question... should the S3 output directory already exist?

- Matt