mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSVD for dimensional reduction + Kmeans
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:32:40 GMT
This is only a test with some trivially simple data. I doubt there are any splits and yes it
could easily be done in memory but that is not the purpose. It is based on testKmeansDSVD2,
which is in
mahout/integration/src/test/java/org/apache/mahout/clustering/TestClusterDumper.java
I've attached the modified and running version with testKmeansDSSVD

As I said I don't think this is a real world test. It tests that the code runs, and it does.
Getting the best results is not part of the scope. I just thought if there was an easy answer
I could clean up the parameters for SSVDSolver.

Since it is working I don't know that it's worth the effort unless people are likely to run
into this with larger data sets.

Thanks anyway.