mahout-user mailing list archives

From yamo93 <yam...@gmail.com>
Subject Which math functions to mix result of several recommenders
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:48:44 GMT
Hi,

I try to make hybrid recommendations. So, I run different recommenders
(with different similarity algorithms) and I want to mix results (each
algo returns a list of recommended items). It seems to be known as Mixed
Hybrid in the Burke Taxonomy.

I thought about a simple transposition in the range 0..1 for each list
of recommended items and to compute the average.

But the results are not necessarily distributed linearly (by ex. Cosine)

Which are the best math functions to do this ?

Is there an existing impl. in mahout or in another framework ?

Thanks for your help,
Yann.