mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Item-based collaborative filtering vs content based filtering
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:25:15 GMT
There are a lot of terms for these. Yes they are called memory-based
or neighborhood-based. Model-based is something a bit different, a
breed of recommender that works more like a classifier. Content-based
refers to the input, whether it is item attributes or just pure
ratings. It's all just terminology, and not 100% consistent.

Sean